Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Accessing Websites

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Johnson

Johnson

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 26 October 2005 - 02:05 PM

Ok you guys here is a poser of a question for you all :thumbsup: I can access any website on the internet with IE except for two and theses two will I am sure be known to this forum. Untill I am told any different I will not say what these sites are but for some reason I cannot access either of this sites and have been told that my ip has not been banned from theses sites. I was able to access both these sites up untill the 24th Oct 2005 so what I though was if I reformatted my HDD and Install my wins xp home which is authenticated and has a sp2 on it that this problem would be resolved. When I try to access either one or the other of these sites again I am still getting Page Will Not Display but if I use another computer I can access these two websites. Has anyone on the forum any idea what it could be (I have my Suspicions) But maybe I could be wrong. Well I will take a look at the forum and hope someone comes up wiv a answer and to that I will say Thanx :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 IsMe

IsMe

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 26 October 2005 - 05:14 PM

Ok you guys here is a poser of a question for you all :thumbsup: I can access any website on the internet with IE except for two and theses two will I am sure be known to this forum. Untill I am told any different I will not say what these sites are but for some reason I cannot access either of this sites and have been told that my ip has not been banned from theses sites. I was able to access both these sites up untill the 24th Oct 2005 so what I though was if I reformatted my HDD and Install my wins xp home which is authenticated and has a sp2 on it that this problem would be resolved. When I try to access either one or the other of these sites again I am still getting Page Will Not Display but if I use another computer I can access these two websites. Has anyone on the forum any idea what it could be (I have my Suspicions) But maybe I could be wrong. Well I will take a look at the forum and hope someone comes up wiv a answer and to that I will say Thanx :flowers:

Was the other computer going through the SAME isp that you use?

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 AM

Posted 26 October 2005 - 07:31 PM

Have you checked the sites in the privcy tab in Internet options in IE to see if they are listed as blocked sites?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#4 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2005 - 05:05 AM

(I have my Suspicions)

I am curious as to what they are!
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#5 Elixer

Elixer

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2005 - 11:09 AM

Hi,

The question is whether or not your other computer (the one working properly) is operating on the same network, through the same router. There could be a filter setting on the router that is preventing you from accessing that website. Since you already did reinstall Windows XP, I don't think it is software related.

The other way to do further testing is to move this computer to another network and to see if you have the same symptom.

Regards,

Bill
Resident Geek

"There is an answer to every question, but is there an answer to every problem?"

#6 Johnson

Johnson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 28 October 2005 - 03:17 AM

I would like to thank you all for your replies :thumbsup: I have tryed all of what you have said except Elixer comment for which I am working on as it seems a very good idea :flowers: so It looks like I will have to call in a few fav's :trumpet: .... Again thank you all for your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users