Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Redirect Aero & Update Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nawillar

nawillar

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 PM

Posted 04 August 2010 - 04:32 AM

Recently, I believe my computer had what is known as the "google redirect virus". When I would try to navigate Firefox or IE, I would be redirected to a go.google or google analytics website about 50% of the time. While I think I have gotten rid of the virus itself, there have been some issues with my computer that I believe are a result of the virus. I'd like to know if there's any way you can resolve my problems. Keep in mind, I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the redirect virus at all, but from my very limited knowledge, that seems to be where I think the problem(s) originated. They are as follows:

1) I cannot seem to get my Aero transparency to work. I'm not sure whether or not that's a result of needing a driver update or because of the google redirect virus that I had.

2) I also can't seem to get my computer to update via Windows 7 Automatic Update.

I'd love to hear any light you may be able to shed on my issue. It has been extremely frustrating to try & troubleshoot over the past few days, and a solution would be much appreciated

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 driftking24

driftking24

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 PM

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:45 AM

I don't have Windows 7 so I can't help you out much but here's something I found about Aero Transparency in Windows 7:
How to Fix Aero Transparency in Windows 7 - How-To Geek

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users