Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What are the BIOS settings for the RPM for your fans?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jwblue

jwblue

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:22 PM

I am having a fan issue with a Sony Vaio desktop that I already have posted on seemingly every computer message board (including this one) on the net with no solution. The BIOS settings for the fans seem a little high on my computer. I have a feeling this is my problem.

Unfortunately, Sony locks the BIOS.

I am curious what the BIOS RPM fan ettings are on other people's computer.

Mine are at around 2,200 for both with seems high.

Can yours be changed?

Edited by jwblue, 03 August 2010 - 10:27 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:27 PM

I dont have a vaio, I tend to use custom jobs. If your BIOs is indeed locked, and you want your fan turned down (you will need to get a good temp monitoring software so you dont turn it down to much) you can invest in a third part fan controller like this Just be sure to monitor your temps to make sure that you dont turn it down to low.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 jwblue

jwblue
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2010 - 12:12 AM

Mine is an all in one computer. I am not not sure I could use something like this on mine.

Is there such a thing as a USB fan controller?

#4 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2010 - 09:16 PM

you dont have an extra optical drive bay? if not they make ones that will connect to your PCI slots in the back as well. Ive never heard of a USB one, though it may be out there.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users