Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7/Mac

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 PM

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:28 PM

I am in the market for a new laptop, I wanted at least 4GB of ram, a core i5 or i7, a LIGHT (important) laptop and a LONG LASTING battery, (6hours + also important)

Only thing I could find that could do all of these things for me was a Macbook Pro. I know they can run Windows, but HOW WELL? Is their any noticeable difference when running windows on a mac? I will be going too school too learn programming, so Windows 7 is absolutely non-negotiable.

What I am asking is, are their anyone out there that runs this kind of a windows/mac setup? I would love some feedback to know if windows will still work flawlessly? Is their anything I should know about doing this before I do this?

Let me know all I need too know before I do this!! :huh:
If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 EverWin

EverWin

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 AM

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:47 PM

hi

yes you can dual boot MacOs with Windows 7, it works Fine. Under Windows 7, MAC touchpad sucks, you don't get tht good feel as compared to Windows PC. You should consider about Sony VAIO. anyways if you Brought MAC, we will guide you step by step how to dual boot Win 7 with MAC, its pretty simple. the best part about MAC is TFT Screen Quality is awesome. Technical support & repairing cost is very much.

Regards,
Harjit

#3 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 PM

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:41 PM

I have thought about this furtner and I think I am going to go with a single boot. I am thinking of getting VMWare Fusion and have a Windows 7 virtual machine running.

Following along on that thought, is the touch pad still as bad on the windows virtual machine? Also, I have run virtual machines in the past and I noticed that they don't like too use the original card that is actually installed into the computer. They like doing generic cards, is it possible to force it to actually support a nvidia 330M?
If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

#4 EverWin

EverWin

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 AM

Posted 04 August 2010 - 09:25 PM

no virtual machine can't be forced to use Grpahic cards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users