Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slow computer, lag.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 NorCalMike

NorCalMike

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 PM

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:07 PM

I noticed lately that my computer has some slowness/lag when online. Also, under the 'tools' dropdown list, I have an entry that shouldn't be there (it's 'UB') and it's between 'Developer Tools' and 'Internet Options'. Finally, when my computer has been on, but not used for quite a while, it locks up. I run IObit Security 360 v.1.45 and Microsoft Security Essentials v. 1.0.1963.0. Thank you, Respectfully, Michael.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,707 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:57 PM

Please, post some computer info:
- processor type, amount of RAM (hold Windows logo key, hit Pause/Break key)
- hard drive size/free space (open "My Computer", right click on hard drive letter, click "Properties")

=====================================================================

Please download VEW and save it to your Desktop: http://images.malwareremoval.com/vino/VEW.exe

Double-click VEW.exe then under Select log to query, select:
Application
System

Under Select type to list, select:
Critical (Vista only)
Error

Click the radio button for Number of events
Type 20 in the 1 to 20 box
Then click the Run button.
Notepad will open with the output log.

In Notepad, click Edit > Select all then Edit > Copy
Reply to this post, click in the reply window and press Ctrl+V on your keyboard to paste the log.

=====================================================================

Download Autoruns for Windows: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb963902.aspx
No installation required.
Simply unzip Autoruns.zip file, and double click on autoruns.exe file to run the program.
Go File>Save, and save it as AutoRuns.txt file to know location.
You must select Text from drop-down menu as a file type:

Posted Image

Attach the file to your next reply.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 NorCalMike

NorCalMike
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2010 - 06:53 AM

Here is my post, I hope it was done properly. thank you. Attached File  AutoRuns.txt   14.63KB   7 downloadsAMD Athlon™ XP 2000+ 1.25GHz, 1.5 GB of RAM. Hard Drive Capacity: 80,015,491,072bytes (74.5 GB).......Used Space 18,071,228,416bytes (16.8 GB)......Free Space:61,944,262,656bytes (57.6GB) ================================================================= Vino's Event Viewer v01c run on Windows XP in English
Report run at 04/08/2010 04:42:32

Note: All dates below are in the format dd/mm/yyyy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
'Application' Log - error Type
'System' Log - error Type
Log: 'System' Date/Time: 29/07/2010 20:25:01
Type: error Category: 0
Event: 29 Source: W32Time
The time provider NtpClient is configured to acquire time from one or more time sources, however none of the sources are currently accessible. No attempt to contact a source will be made for 14 minutes. NtpClient has no source of accurate time.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 29/07/2010 20:25:01
Event: 17 Source: W32Time
Time Provider NtpClient: An error occurred during DNS lookup of the manually configured peer 'time.windows.com,0x1'. NtpClient will try the DNS lookup again in 15 minutes. The error was: A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable host. (0x80072751)

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 29/07/2010 20:24:43
The time provider NtpClient is configured to acquire time from one or more time sources, however none of the sources are currently accessible. No attempt to contact a source will be made for 14 minutes. NtpClient has no source of accurate time.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 29/07/2010 20:24:43
Time Provider NtpClient: An error occurred during DNS lookup of the manually configured peer 'time.windows.com,0x1'. NtpClient will try the DNS lookup again in 15 minutes. The error was: A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable host. (0x80072751)

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 29/07/2010 20:12:12

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 29/07/2010 20:12:12

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 29/07/2010 19:46:53
The time provider NtpClient is configured to acquire time from one or more time sources, however none of the sources are currently accessible. No attempt to contact a source will be made for 29 minutes. NtpClient has no source of accurate time.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 29/07/2010 19:46:53
Time Provider NtpClient: An error occurred during DNS lookup of the manually configured peer 'time.windows.com,0x1'. NtpClient will try the DNS lookup again in 30 minutes. The error was: A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable host. (0x80072751)

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 29/07/2010 19:31:53

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 29/07/2010 19:31:53

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 29/07/2010 19:31:35

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 29/07/2010 19:31:35

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 29/07/2010 19:28:33
Event: 2001 Source: Microsoft Antimalware
Microsoft Antimalware has encountered an error trying to update signatures. New Signature Version: Previous Signature Version: 1.87.789.0 Update Source: Microsoft Update Server Update Stage: Search Source Path: http://www.microsoft.com Signature Type: AntiVirus Update Type: Full User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Current Engine Version: Previous Engine Version: 1.1.6004.0 Error code: 0x8024402c Error description: An unexpected problem occurred while checking for updates. For information on installing or troubleshooting updates, see Help and Support.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 29/07/2010 18:04:01
Event: 1002 Source: Dhcp
The IP address lease 192.168.0.2 for the Network Card with network address 000C6E2FE2FA has been denied by the DHCP server 0.0.0.0 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 20/07/2010 21:33:30
Event: 11 Source: Cdrom
The driver detected a controller error on \Device\CdRom1.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 20/07/2010 20:30:47

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 20/07/2010 19:05:38

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 20/07/2010 19:04:08

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 20/07/2010 15:46:09

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 20/07/2010 15:46:08

================================================================= Attached File  AutoRuns.txt   14.63KB   7 downloads

Edited by NorCalMike, 04 August 2010 - 06:36 PM.

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,707 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:55 PM

I don't see anything interesting in Autoruns.

Event Viewer shows several errors, indicating, that your computer is having problem with connecting to a time server.
I don't know, if it has anything to do with your problem, but...
Is your computer time a date correct?
Try to change your time server. List of other servers: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/262680

More checking...

Close IE.
Go Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools, and click on Internet Explorer (no add-ons). Same slowness?

Did you try different browser to see, if same issue happens?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#5 NorCalMike

NorCalMike
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2010 - 09:18 PM

That's interesting, I do notice that when my computer has been at 'idle' for an extended time, I lose connection with the net, and sometimes it freezes up. could i submit a 'hijack this' log and would you be able to advise me on things that look out of order? Or if I did combofix? Also, there is the issue of me having 'UB' in my drop-down list from the 'tools'. It is second from the bottom up. Between 'internet options' and 'developer tools'. And when i click on it i get an error message that says:"Windows cannot find C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\Start Menu\Programs\UB\UB.lnk'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search." I used to play poker a lot at a site 'ultimate bet.com' or UB...but i dont know how it got to the drop down menu of my tools bar. I will get back to you regarding the 'add ons'...OH yeah, I have problems with those too....some that i try to delete i cant, and i can only disable. thank you for your time.

#6 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,707 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:26 PM

I don't have an authority to advice on on malware issues, so....

With the information you have provided I believe you will need help from the malware removal team. I would like you to start a new thread and post a DDS log HERE and include a link to this thread. Please make sure that you read the information about getting started before you start your thread.

It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient. Help is on the way!

My Website

p4433470.gif

#7 NorCalMike

NorCalMike
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:13 AM

Sorry for not getting back sooner Broni. I had a busy weekend with the UFC being in town and all, but enough of that. I did take your suggestions, and I know for sure that I have some corrupt registries. It did seem to go better when i removed all add-ins. Also, Neptune articulated issues i came across as well....it just seems that that happens with less time than 24 hours in my case. So, that you can close this topic (if you want to), I will do the instructions you gave me at post #6. Thank you for your help.

#8 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,707 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:00 PM

You're very welcome Posted Image

My Website

p4433470.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users