Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird pop up. Not sure if its a virus.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Femto

Femto

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 AM

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:01 PM

Im not really sure what this is but it seems like its a virus so I hope this is the right place to post this thread. Sorry if Im in the wrong area. Anyway what happened is I was on a website and it was going really slow. I had some trouble closing but finally got rid of the page. After is was closed I see a black box like command prompt pop up that said system32 and then a help and support box pop up on my screen. The system32 box reminded me of a virus I got a week ago call antivirus pro or something. Your basic virus. I was on a different website and after I close everything I remember seeing a black box pop up like command prompt and than I was infected with the virus and google redirect. All of that is fixed now but this site felt like it was trying to do the same thing so as soon as I saw the system32 box I closed it. I tried to google it and couldnt find anything else about it. I went back to the site I was on and it did the same thing. Started loading up real slow and than the black system32 box and then a help and support box that said "check hardware and software on computer and memory on computer" came up again and than the site just closed. I know this sounds really weird and I may not be explaining it right but does this sound like anything you have heard of before? Is it dangerous. I can give you the name of the site if you would like to see what happens. It just did it two times in a row so Im sure it is the sites problem. Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me. After spending about 5 hours getting rid of the virus I got last week I feel its better safe than sorry.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Femto

Femto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2010 - 12:25 PM

bump

#3 Femto

Femto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2010 - 10:46 AM

Well it has happened again. I was on a different site this time and it did the same thing. Help and support center pops up than a black system 32 box. Really feels like a virus but Im not sure. I may have a missing file somewhere but I dont know how that could have happened either. Hopefully someone can help with this one.

#4 Femto

Femto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2010 - 08:21 PM

Am I insane or am I just not explaining this right? I cant find any real info on this online and just want to know if anyone else knows what this is or what is causing it. I mean am I really the only one?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users