Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Annoying Splash Screen

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 myzr

myzr

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 AM

Posted 26 October 2005 - 11:41 AM

My new pc came pre loaded with Jasco Paint Photo Album starter. And it has an annoying reminder that pops up when I close a picture that I am looking at in that app.The reminder states that I can recieve the pro version bla bla for x$ but I am not intersted. How can I keep this reminder from popin up!
lm 10730

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 AM

Posted 26 October 2005 - 11:52 AM

To be honest you may have to uninstall the progam. I'm surprzied with it coming with a new PC it did not have a check box to not show this reminder again.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 myzr

myzr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 AM

Posted 26 October 2005 - 01:10 PM

Thanks for the reply.. Well I have been looking for a box to click on to stop it but as of yet have not found one. I have looked in the apps help files and other places such as options but no luck. I am not ready to uninstall the program for the reason of not having the cd for it. My pc did not come with a restore cd then again thats another problem alltogether. Thanks for the suggestion..
lm 10730

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 AM

Posted 26 October 2005 - 01:16 PM

OK. Sorry I could have not been of more help.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#5 Gothmog

Gothmog

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 AM

Posted 26 October 2005 - 07:21 PM

What exactly does the photo album starter do? Is it just configured to be the default picture viewer by the MIME settings? or is it a useful editor. If it bothers you a lot you might be able to find a free equivalent online and get rid of it for good( I would). I know Kodak bundles some kinda album maker with their picture cds (from cvs i guess) but they may have it on a website as some kinda incentive to use their picture cds.

myzr, if ur pc came installed with a cd or dvd burner they may expect you to create your own recovery disc. My friend got an HP system from BestBuy and that didn't have recovery discs (or an OS disk which kinda annoys me). Since i was the one who has to set it up I was shocked since I assumed that it would come with a FUBR disk. then after it was running for a week I found out that I was supposed to make one based on the 5GB "recovery partition" it came with out of the box.
(I only found this out after finally reading the manual to see what I should do when it asked for the XP disk which they don't give you anymore or to make a floppy disk which dont come standard anymore!!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users