Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan horse generic infections

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 matt3160

matt3160

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 PM

Posted 03 August 2010 - 03:40 PM

Hey

I'm on XP Home and a few hours ago, my AVG interface popped up with various infections...

Virus name: Trojan horse Generic18.VII
Path to file: C:\WINDOWS\Temp\odec.tmp\svchost.exe

Virus name: Trojan horse Pakes.GGN
Path to file: C:\WINDOWS\Temp\vhej.tmp\svchost.exe

Virus name: Trojan horse Generic18.XMY
Path to file: C:\WINDOWS\system32\playtyuser.exe

Virus name: Trojan horse Generic18.XMY
Path to file: C:\System Volume Information\_restore{33DD4EB0-3983-4DA0-89CB-7C5D9FC73F75}RP60\A0011742.exe

They're in the virus vault, but I'm not sure if my laptop (HP Compaq nx6325) has been infected. My custom made desktop wallpaper has been replaced by the XP default, as well the skin for Firefox. Apart from that, I don't notice any other changes. My laptop runs as normal, apart from these pop-ups appearing.

Has anybody got any ideas? Can anyone help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users