Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless working but cannot get online

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sonshinerabbitry

sonshinerabbitry

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 03 August 2010 - 03:30 PM

What happened here is the laptop (Inspiron 1545) got a virus/malware that I was able to get rid of with Malwarebyte's Anti-malware. Been downhill ever since. My router is working, the computer shows I am connected. But when I click on IE to get on the internet, the page says Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage. Very frustrating to say the least!! As you can probably tell, I'm not extremely tech saavy, but I do know how to read instructions. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! TR :thumbsup:

Edited by hamluis, 04 August 2010 - 06:18 AM.
Moved from Vista to Am I Infected forum ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 t3chie

t3chie

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:53 PM

Hey,
Try checking your proxy configuration on IE

IE -> Tools -> Internet Options -> Connections tab -> LAN Settings ; Make sure "Use a proxy server" is disabled
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” - Mahatma Gandhi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users