Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

win7 gma950

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 schizflow

schizflow

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 PM

Posted 03 August 2010 - 02:41 PM

I noticed that when I disable 'Desktop Composition' and 'Use Visual Styles on Windows and Buttons', the system responds faster. But I have a 943GML Intel on-board graphics card (laptop), and when these are disabled, I experience video tearing on even standard def video. Video tearing means that horizontal lines don't line up, so that shapes are jagged, and this is especially noticeable with pans.

If I tick these two back on, video tearing is fixed, but aero glass is turned on as well, and overall performace is less than with the basic NT style theme.

Therefore, aero theme is tied to these 2 visual effects, which have added functionality beyond system appearance.

Is there any way to force DWM, desktop composition and visual styles onto the basic/nt visual theme? I need to have these options on because they somehow enable/improve the graphics card's functionality. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 schizflow

schizflow
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 PM

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:44 PM

it's the 945 express chipset family

#3 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 14 August 2010 - 01:47 PM

Your video card is not sufficient enough for Aero affects. You need a dedicated video card that is up to snuff like any of the low to mid range ATI's and nVidias. You will have to use your laptop without Aero.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users