Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

no packets no ip

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tnaant

tnaant

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 AM

Posted 03 August 2010 - 01:29 PM

In the past month, I have had three or more machines that I have had security center and some other crap malwarebytes has found, along with running 2010 norton antivirus. I am able to clean the machines, but on all three machines, the network adapters appear to have stopped sending and receiving packets. I think one was an vista box, and the others were XP SP3. I have done: ipconfig /flush , netsh winsock reset , checked my tcpip.sys , uninstalled NIC cards in device manager, and re-installed. Run SFC . Tries installing a static IP. Tried different new NIC cards. I have thrown up my arms on two of the boxes and reloaded them, and all is OK with those now, but I have a customers machine where it is going to be a nightmare to reload, and would really like to fix this if possible. So I get 0 packets sent and 0 received. Any ideas?...I have also uninstalled TCP/IP and then reinstalled it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 AM

Posted 03 August 2010 - 03:21 PM

Hi and welcome to the forum

I have been seeing a rash of AV Security Center infections that set IE to use a proxy server.
Check the Internet Options in Control Panel - go to the connections tab then the LAN button
Make sure that use a proxy is not checked
Then go to the advanced tab and reset everything back to the default

That is typically all I have to do to establish connectivity and be able to browse

Hope that helps!
In the beginning there was the command line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users