Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connecting a Samsung N130 to your TV ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 uniquenewyork

uniquenewyork

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:50 PM

I hope this is the right forum for this. Supposedly, it is possible to connect your netbook to your HDTV, but I have yet to figure out how to do this and every tutorial just leaves me more confused.

Here's the basics:

* I have a Samsung Netbook N130 (Windows XP) with a VGA port.

* The TV I want to connect it to is a Panasonic Viera flat screen HDTV, which has no VGA port but has an S-video port.

* I bought a cable similar to this one and I already have an s-video cable.

* I connected the cables to the tv and computer, hit the [fn] and [f4] keys, but so far nothing has happened.

Before I spend any more money, I need to know if there is some vital piece of the puzzle that I am missing. Did I forget to change settings on my netbook? Do I need a different kind of adapter? Is what I am trying to do even possible?

Any help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Puck3tt

Puck3tt

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:23 AM

I've tried the same thing for my laptop running XP. I bought a VGA to component cable and I can't get it to display on my TV. Anybody have any ideas?

If this is an impractical solution, what is the easiest/cheapest solution to get an HDTV to display your desktop, without using S-video. My laptop only has a VGA port.

#3 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2011 - 03:08 PM

Did you go into Display Properties and tell it to use the TV as a monitor?

I have never used a VGA to S but have used a VGA to RCA on an older projection style. Worked pretty well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users