Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connecting PC to TV

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 corty

corty

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:19 AM

I have an HP G-60 Laptop, and I was trying to connect my laptop to my TV with and HDMI cable. I have successfully done this before. The TV is set to HDMI2 and it says "no signal" and the laptop on NVIDIA says "not connected". I'm don't know what I am doing wrong. It's like it'd not reading it. When I go to control panel, I don't know what to go under to connect it or of I even need to do that. I have Window's Vista. I originally wanted to connect my PC to my TV to watch a movie. Please help...Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Retirednow

Retirednow

• Members
  • 121 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 PM

Posted 04 August 2010 - 12:25 AM

Are you sure that the connection on the TV is the correct one. Some TV's are specific as to which HDMI port a pc is plugged in to. Check your docs for the TV.

Edited by Retirednow, 04 August 2010 - 12:25 AM.

#3 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:30 AM

hi,,, as you say, you have done this once before, so it should work now,, maybe a setting got changed,,, here's how its done,,,, try reconnect from a fresh
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...cname=c01668603
good luck.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#4 corty

corty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2010 - 11:42 PM

Yes I did, my Book for my TV says to connect to HDMI2, which I did...

hi,,, as you say, you have done this once before, so it should work now,, maybe a setting got changed,,, here's how its done,,,, try reconnect from a fresh
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...cname=c01668603
good luck.

#5 corty

corty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2010 - 11:45 PM

Also, the link you sent was helpful, The only thing is when I check the sound screen it says it is not plugged in...

Edit: Edited to remove unnecessary quote. ~ tg

Edited by tg1911, 08 August 2010 - 10:03 AM.

#6 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2010 - 09:44 AM

hi,,, so your saying you have now got a picture on the tv but no sound ??? if so then look in sound in control panel and see which devices are being used, in mine i have it set to speakers as default but there are 2 for HDMI, one digital output HDMI and one Realtek HDMI,,, check in the link in my previous post and it explains it in there too,, if you have anything like this set one as default when your connected to the tv and se if you get sound, this should happen automatically really when you connect with a HDMI lead, on my laptop and desktop i just plug in the lead and all is connected automatically.
good luck.

Edited by figgis41, 06 August 2010 - 09:46 AM.

Figgis,,,, LUFC

#7 corty

corty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:21 PM

Mo.I have no picture or sound...the device says not plugged in...NVIDIA HDMI out-put...But I do have it plugged in...

It says nothing about RealTek...Should it?

#8 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2010 - 07:28 AM

hi,,, look for an driver update to the nvidia vid card and see if this helps, i do remember some nvidia 8 series cards having issues with hdmi output.
as for Realtek, this is my audio device and given as an example,,, look in the link i posted and you will see what i was on about where it says
"Selecting HDMI as the default audio device in Windows Vista"
good luck

Edit: Edited to remove unnecessary quote. ~ tg
Figgis,,,, LUFC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users