Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win32.ZBot infection - google diverter, other problems

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 tempsc

tempsc

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:43 AM

Hello to all from the sunny UK.

I wonder if some of your venerable experts may be able to assist me please? Today, I had some problems with opening IE, Outlook and other progs. I also couldn't open Mcafee and overall, the PC 'just didn't feel right'. So, as I couldn't open Mcafee, I ran a scan with SpyBot and it detected a trojan Win32.ZBot. On fixing the issues, it reported that one of the six files it found could not be fixed. I just have a feeling that there may be other problems too that both Mcafee and Spybot S&D did not find. Could somebody perhaps assist me please in cleaning this PC up and reassuring me that all is OK perhaps? As it's summer vacation here in the UK, I would ask for some patience as it could be some time before I can get to the computer to follow your instruction, but rest assured, follow them, to the letter, I will.

Thanks in advance.
Paul

Edited by Orange Blossom, 03 August 2010 - 09:15 PM.
Moved to AII as no logs posted and prep. guide not followed. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users