Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC stuck at Packard Bell Boot Up Screen

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 AndyCFC

AndyCFC

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 PM

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:54 AM

The problem im about to explain occured yesterday.

Ok, first off my PC is a stationary Packard Bell AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+ 2,4Ghz with 2GB RAM.

OS is Windows Vista 32 bit Home Premium, Service Pack 2 installed. The PC itself is about 3 years old if I remember correctly.

Anyway so I installed this programme Xport360, an xbox 360 HDD programme which allows you to go inside of it, and in order to use it I had to deactivate UAC, and ofc I had to reboot the PC in order for it to work.

However, when I went to reboot the PC got stuck at the lovely Packard Bell Boot Up screen where you get several option to acces BIOS, or BOOT etc.

The PC just got stuck there, not freezing or anything just stopped loading, so I decided to restart it switching the power off and I think I did this about 5 times, on the fifth try I decided to try and enter the BOOT but nothing happened, tried to enter BIOS and nothing happened, not a single sound from the pc as if it was dead.

I became frustrated and spammed f8 several times and ctrl alt delete, dont ask me why but after about 5 min the boot loaded and I got the HDD, CD-ROM Boot up option so I went with the HDD.
The screen went black after that and after a few ctrl alt deletes the PC got to the sign in screen on vista and everything was perfect once the PC was logged in on my account.

However I have to repeat this everytime I want to turn on my PC!

So, im wondering what the problem is? should I buy a new PC or is it possible to fix this?

Edited by hamluis, 03 August 2010 - 11:31 AM.
Moved from Internal Hardware to Vista forum ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users