This is my first post outside the intro section, so hello. Also, I hope this is the right section for this thread.
I've finally got my act together and decided that I need a decent back-up solution for my data. So, as the title states, I'm looking for software recommendations from anyone with a little more experience of these things. I'll describe my requirements and hopefully someone can prescribe me the right software!
- I use a 1TB Samsung external drive, containing all my non-system files. It is this that I'm most interested in backing up.
- I have two 40GB internal drives, one system, one non-system. It would be good to back these up too, but the external is my priority.
- Both non-system drives (internal and external) contain a Truecrypt container that occupies half of their full capacity.
- I have a brand new 1TB Hitachi drive which will act as my back-up device.
- I need some free software that will automate my backing-up.
A pretty basic situation, I guess, but most of the back-up/synch software I've looked at (including the Samsung and Hitachi software bundled with my externals) seems primarily designed to back up system drives. My main interest is in synching the two externals. I have no clue how the Truecrypt containers will factor into this. Since they just act like regular files I assume it wont be an issue.
I'm not really sure what other info to give at this stage, so I'll wait to see if any kind soul is willing to assist me before I expand on anything else.
All the best,