Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Remove AntiSpyware soft and THEN post log or post log first?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Imisscpm

Imisscpm

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 02 August 2010 - 06:58 PM

This is my first post other than my intro.
I am posting this from an uninfected (I hope) netbook.
My Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 computer is exhibiting the symptoms of AntiSpyware Soft or one of its related malware brethren.
I see the instructions posted for removing this abomination under the "Spyware Removal" tab of this site.
On the other hand I see elsewhere that first I should create some logs and post them.
On the other hand the idea of downloading software (rkill, etc) that is required to do either is freaking me out.
On the other hand I saw this site mentioned on PC Mag so it's probably trustworthy - aren't you?

So do I attempt the procedure under Spyware Removal first, or do I do the log thing first?
I hate to even turn on the infected computer, so I want to do the best thing first.
Thanks for being there.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Imisscpm

Imisscpm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 03 August 2010 - 02:57 PM

This is my first post other than my intro.
I am posting this from an uninfected (I hope) netbook.
My Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 computer is exhibiting the symptoms of AntiSpyware Soft or one of its related malware brethren.
I see the instructions posted for removing this abomination under the "Spyware Removal" tab of this site.
On the other hand I see elsewhere that first I should create some logs and post them.
On the other hand the idea of downloading software (rkill, etc) that is required to do either is freaking me out.
On the other hand I saw this site mentioned on PC Mag so it's probably trustworthy - aren't you?

So do I attempt the procedure under Spyware Removal first, or do I do the log thing first?
I hate to even turn on the infected computer, so I want to do the best thing first.
Thanks for being there.

I got up my nerve and followed the procedures under Spyware Removal for How to remove AV Security Suite and it worked! I see now at the very end it says that if this doesn't work, do all the logging stuff, so I decided to proceed.
Thank you so very very much.
:thumbsup:

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 03 August 2010 - 03:31 PM

It is generally best if you make an attempt to clear out any infections or adware first. Scanning your hard drive with your AV and doing the same with several anti-adware applications clears some of the minor rubble out of the way, even if it doesn't completely solve the problem. The same can be said for completing a self-help removal guide.
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users