Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I want to format my laptop

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 aj0225

aj0225

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 02 August 2010 - 03:30 PM

I have a Dell D531 Laptop with windows vista. I want to format my laptop, but i don't have the driver disk for the wifi. If i was to format the laptop do i need it, or will it already be installed with the vista cd? What steps would i need to properly format my laptop

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 PM

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:39 PM

Welcome aboard Posted Image

If you use Dell's recovery CD, which you should have gotten with your computer, or if you use Dell's recovery partition, you don't have to worry about drivers.
They all will be reinstalled.

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#3 MilesJ

MilesJ

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:51 PM

I have a Dell D531 Laptop with windows vista. I want to format my laptop, but i don't have the driver disk for the wifi. If i was to format the laptop do i need it, or will it already be installed with the vista cd? What steps would i need to properly format my laptop

You can connect via a hardline or use another computer or even download the driver from Dell's support website before hand. Then place it on a disk or flashdrive. Then once formatted just reinstall the wifi driver that you previously downloaded.
Student of Networking & Network Security

#4 aj0225

aj0225
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:21 PM

yeah i couldn't find the exact driver i needed for it

#5 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:26 PM

Couldn't find where?

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#6 aj0225

aj0225
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:56 PM

dell

#7 MilesJ

MilesJ

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2010 - 11:02 PM

AJ try this link Click Me. Once on the page select Service Tag and somewhere on your laptop normally on the bottom is a service tag number from Dell. Enter that number then you should find drivers for your laptop.
Student of Networking & Network Security

#8 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2010 - 11:02 PM

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/...-1&impid=-1
Under "Network".

My Website

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users