Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sata to Pata (ide)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 geneo22

geneo22

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 02 August 2010 - 03:03 PM

i built the puter in 04 using a Asus P4P800-E Deluxe motherboard. No trouble yet but a dvd/cd rom bit the dust and bought a Lite-on ihas424-98 do everything burner. Trouble came when found that new burner was Serial-ata. I have 2 Sata ports on motherboard with one used for harddrive. Need to know if i can use other Sata port for burner or do i have to get a Ide burner or an adapter to go between burner and mobo. If i can use other Sata port is there a lot of bios set up to recognize the burner???? Maybe some one else has had this problem and still remembers how to cope. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 02 August 2010 - 03:31 PM

of course you could use SATA port on your mainboard...no need to do something with BIOS...except for Boot Priority...make sure that you Boot Priority is your hardrive not the burner...

Edited by abauw, 02 August 2010 - 03:34 PM.

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users