Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant' download combofix

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ErinAnn

ErinAnn

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 PM

Posted 02 August 2010 - 02:40 PM

I am trying to download combofix and I am getting the following error message:

You cannot rename ComboFix as ComboFix(1)
Please use another name, peferabley made up of alphanumeric characters.

My OS is Vista 32-bit. I have searched and can't find a version of combofix on my computer. In fact, I've never heard of it before today. I'm having slow response time on my computer and someone that is helping me, instructed me to use combofix, to see if I have any malware.

Any ideas how to get past this step would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 PM

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:28 PM

You should not run ComboFix unless you are specifically asked to by a helper. Also, due to the power of this tool it is strongly advised that you do not attempt to act upon any of the information displayed by ComboFix without supervision from someone who has been properly trained. If you do so, it may lead to problems with the normal functionality of your computer.
Posted Image
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users