Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

F.a.s.t. Problems, Need Help

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 T3rM1ght

T3rM1ght

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 PM

Posted 25 October 2005 - 09:06 PM

Ive tried the method posted on another thread with TRANSDB.DAT. When the program (FASTconv) came to TRANSDB.DAT (I assume its the last file it wanted) it failed, and left me with all of the individual .DAT files in 10 directories: "00000 - 00009" and a "TRANS" Directory containing DB.DAT. I did this twice, but it fails at the end when it hits

Extracting: C:\tempe\TRANSDB.DAT Size: <whatever the file size was>"

I tried it once more but adding "/e:transdb.dat" to the command

oh, and the command im using is: fastconv /s:c:\usmt2.unc /d:c:\e /t:c:\tempe

Ive come to realize that the hexadecimal named .DAT files within the "00000 - 00009" directories are the actual files themselves, but havnt been given their original file names yet. I have all of those files, but it doesnt do me any good to have 32.5 GB worth of .DAT files and not know what any of them were named.

Might there be a way to bypass the extraction process from the original large 2gb .DAT files and just do the filename conversions?

I really need to have these files, 1 years worth of sourcecode for a project that was due to release last weekend (haulted due to the inability to get my files back, thanks a lot Microsoft) and 2 years worth of graphic projects and website templates that I designed (my entire career's portfolio)

Big help would be appreciated, thank you very much in advanced for anything that you can do to help me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users