Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Improving Website(Need your opninon)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JUICYboy

JUICYboy

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 PM

Posted 01 August 2010 - 09:41 PM

Hi to all...

By far I am not as experienced in creating websites ass most of you guys.
I want to get my purpose on my website across. So I need help in the layout of the website. Your honest opinion is GREATLY appreciated.
Tell me how can I improve. What to keep, what to move or add, and what to throw away. :flowers:

My purpose:
As some of you guys know I want to create a company were I do from Computer repairs - Websites and Programing.
I am not there yet. But I can repair computers, and create websites and am mobile service over here in California, USA. I want and give discounts
to registered college students.

That's about it. I just hope I can get your view. To see if this template I created gets my point across in a efficient matter. Please be honest

Link: http://www.techrepairs101.com

Thanks in advance to all you great folks :thumbsup:

P.s. What can I do or offer that will help me in my journey?

Edited by JUICYboy, 01 August 2010 - 09:42 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 01 August 2010 - 10:14 PM

P.s. What can I do or offer that will help me in my journey?

For starters, never ask for opinions on website where not everything is working. If there is a page that doesn't work, disable the link. None of the links do anything.

your menu choices should be places in an area that is expected; therefore your links for 'Mobile services', 'pricing discounts', etc. should be across the top, or on the left side of the page. Of course since you don't have any content, it is a bit hard to judge anything. Ask for opinions when you have a format that you think is ready for the public; not before.

#3 JUICYboy

JUICYboy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 PM

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:47 PM

Well it was just a set up. I intentionally left the links blank, and the functionality to it.

But next time I will have it complete before I do this.

I was just asking how to improve the lay-out....to the purposes I wanted.

thank-you do...... :thumbsup:

#4 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 PM

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:12 PM

What groovicus said.

Soon search engines will track your site and index your "under construction" main page. There are some web services like snapcasa.com which take snapshots of your site once in eight-nine months. So if they take the snap now, its going to stay there for many months giving your site bad reputation.

Its never a good idea to upload under construction pages.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users