Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Congratulations, you've won" Audio virus?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Moof

Moof

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 AM

Posted 01 August 2010 - 08:59 PM

I've searched how to try to remove it but i'm not really Tech smart so i dont really understand it all but occasionally even when firefox or IE isn't open, (i could just have nothing but the desktop up and it says randomly "Congratulations, you've won".

I tried using free virus scans and all that and none have found/removed it. It's really annoying and my computer has been running deathly slow because of this virus and if anybody could help me while using simple terms i'd appreciate it alot.

Thanks.

Edit: and the only way to not have it say anything is to mute my sound but that doesnt help because who doesn't use sound, right? :thumbsup:

Edited by Moof, 01 August 2010 - 09:00 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Moof

Moof
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 AM

Posted 02 August 2010 - 08:44 AM

still no help? :\

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,952 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 02 August 2010 - 01:42 PM

It's possible that you have an infected Master Boot Record (MBR) so lets check it to be sure.

Please download MBRCheck.exe by a_d_13 from one of the links provided below and save it to your desktop.Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
  • Double-click on MBRCheck.exe to run it. Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
  • It will open a black screen with some data on it...please do not fix anything (if it gives you an option).
  • When complete, you should see Done! Press ENTER to exit.... Press Enter on the keyboard.
  • A log named MBRCheck_date_time.txt (i.e. MBRCheck_07.21.10_10.22.51.txt) will be created on the desktop.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that log in your next reply.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users