Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

svchost trouble

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 drewsta

drewsta

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 01 August 2010 - 07:45 PM

Hello, Im not sure if this is the correct area to post this (moderators please move if needed) but I've been having issues removing malware and a recent action appears to have made the issue worse.

I have Emsisoft Anti-Malware and earlier today it detected svchost.eve of suspicious activity then quarantined it. The windows error message immediately popped up saying it would shut down in 40 seconds. After windows reboted a blue screen appeared saying that svchost was being repaired and then windows started and everything was changed, all of the windows went retro (grey and boxy as opposed to the blue colored rounded windows xp default). The internet wont work, i get an a2start.exe error when i try to start up emisoft, and the taskbar was shrunkin off of the screen, locked, and quick launch was disabled until i fixed it, does anyone have an idea as to what is going on with my computer? I am running windows xp sp3

Thank you in advance for any advice

Edited by hamluis, 01 August 2010 - 08:42 PM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected forum ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 drewsta

drewsta
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2010 - 09:50 PM

heres some shots of my taskbar after i fixed it and the error message from emisoft

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 drewsta

drewsta
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:12 AM

i dont think the virus is the problem any more, none of the SVChost processes are running, which from my understanding do a lot to make the system work. Does anyone have an idea as to how to get the processes running again?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users