Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SOAP SQL Injection problems with my computer

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 TammyFP

TammyFP

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 AM

Posted 01 August 2010 - 04:22 PM

:angry:Hi, I don't know if any of you remember me or not (probably not and that's okay because let's face it - there's a ton of us in this group & none of us should expect to be THAT important - right?)

Anyway, in 2008 my windows xp/laptop was infected with a malware/adware scam. The short of it is that it turned out to be a SOAP bug (I just found that out today by searching through my system's files). At first when I posted on this site I was given the instructions how to (at least) keep the computer from doing it's shutdown process on me as this bug comes with an automatic system shutdown timer set for 60 seconds at startup. Some kind soul in this group gave me a command to enter in at the command prompt "shutdown -a" which is what I've been using since June of 2008 (roughly). So today I stumbled across the actual bug's program. I am pasting it into this post just below here so that (hopefully) someone within the group can tell me how to fix my problem without completely doing a system reset. I have an Acer Extensa 4620Z laptop & the Acer system comes with a system backup/restore within it that will completely reset the system back to when it was first purchased but I will lose everything (it's like having the memory wiped out). I really don't want to do that (duh) but right now I can't burn discs, download software from cd drive, download software from the net, install any software period as it says my sql is not properly installed (but it used to work just fine and WAS properly installed before the bug). Of course there's the system shutdown, I have no virus protection because I can't install anything... I can't do any software updates because - why? I can't install anything. It's a pain in the - well - you get my point. Here is the program those non-english speaking criminals used to hijack my computer:

<xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" attributeFormDefault="qualified" elementFormDefault="qualified" targetNamespace="http://schemas.microsoft.com/sqlserver/2004/SOAP/Options">
<xsd:annotation>
<xsd:documentation xml:lang="en">&#xd;&#xa; Copyright 2004, Microsoft Corporation&#xd;&#xa;&#xd;&#xa;The following schema for Microsoft SQL Server is presented in XML format and is for informational purposes only. Microsoft Corporation ("Microsoft") may have trademarks, copyrights, or other intellectual property rights covering subject matter in the schema.&#xd;&#xa;&#xd;&#xa;Microsoft does not make any representation or warranty regarding the schema or any product or item developed based on the schema. The schema is provided to you on an AS IS basis. Microsoft disclaims all express, implied and statutory warranties, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and freedom from infringement. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Microsoft does not make any warranty of any kind that any item developed based on the schema, or any portion of the schema, will not infringe any copyright, patent, trade secret, or other intellectual property right of any person or entity in any country. It is your responsibility to seek licenses for such intellectual property rights where appropriate.&#xd;&#xa;&#xd;&#xa;MICROSOFT SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE SCHEMA, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL (INCLUDING ANY LOST PROFITS), PUNITIVE OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER OR NOT MICROSOFT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF SUCH DAMAGES.&#xd;&#xa;</xsd:documentation>
</xsd:annotation>
<xsd:element name="initialDatabase">
<xsd:documentation>Set initial database on login.</xsd:documentation>
<xsd:complexType>
<xsd:attribute name="value" type="xsd:string" form="unqualified" use="required">
<xsd:documentation>The name of the initial database to attach to.</xsd:documentation>
</xsd:attribute>
<xsd:attribute name="optional" default="false" type="xsd:boolean" form="unqualified">
<xsd:documentation>Whether the initial database is optional or not.</xsd:documentation>
<xsd:attribute name="filename" type="xsd:string" form="unqualified">
<xsd:documentation>The filename of the database to attach to.</xsd:documentation>
</xsd:complexType>
</xsd:element>
<xsd:element name="initialLanguage">
<xsd:documentation>Set initial language to set.</xsd:documentation>
<xsd:attribute name="value" type="xsd:string" form="unqualified" use="required">
<xsd:documentation>The name of the initial language to set.</xsd:documentation>
<xsd:attribute name="optional" default="false" type="xsd:boolean" form="unqualified">
<xsd:documentation>Whether the initial language is optional or not.</xsd:documentation>
<xsd:element name="environmentChangeNotifications">
<xsd:documentation>Receive environment change notifications.</xsd:documentation>
<xsd:attribute name="databaseChange" default="false" type="xsd:boolean" form="unqualified">
<xsd:documentation>Receive notifications of database changes.</xsd:documentation>
<xsd:attribute name="languageChange" default="false" type="xsd:boolean" form="unqualified">
<xsd:documentation>Receive notifications of language changes.</xsd:documentation>
<xsd:attribute name="transactionBoundary" default="false" type="xsd:boolean" form="unqualified">
<xsd:documentation>Receive notifications of transaction boundaries.</xsd:documentation>
<xsd:element name="applicationName">
<xsd:documentation>Set the application name for the login.</xsd:documentation>
<xsd:documentation>The application name to set for the login.</xsd:documentation>
<xsd:element name="hostName">
<xsd:documentation>Set the host name for the login.</xsd:documentation>
<xsd:documentation>The host name to set for the login.</xsd:documentation>
<xsd:element name="clientPID">
<xsd:documentation>Set the client process ID for the login.</xsd:documentation>
<xsd:attribute name="value" type="xsd:long" form="unqualified" use="required">
<xsd:documentation>The client process ID to set for the login.</xsd:documentation>
<xsd:element name="clientNetworkID">
<xsd:documentation>Set the client network ID for the login.</xsd:documentation>
<xsd:attribute name="value" type="xsd:base64Binary" form="unqualified" use="required">
<xsd:documentation>The client network ID to set for the login.</xsd:documentation>
<xsd:element name="clientInterface">
<xsd:documentation>Set the client interface for the login.</xsd:documentation>
<xsd:documentation>The client interface to set for the login.</xsd:documentation>
<xsd:element name="notificationRequest">
<xsd:documentation>Requests query notifications for the request.</xsd:documentation>
<xsd:attribute name="notificationId" type="xsd:string" form="unqualified" use="required">
<xsd:documentation>The notification identifier.</xsd:documentation>
<xsd:attribute name="deliveryService" type="xsd:string" form="unqualified" use="required">
<xsd:documentation>The delivery service.</xsd:documentation>
<xsd:attribute name="timeout" type="xsd:integer" form="unqualified">
<xsd:documentation>The timeout value.</xsd:documentation>
<xsd:element name="sqlSession">
<xsd:documentation>SQL Server SOAP Session</xsd:documentation>
<xsd:attribute name="initiate" default="false" type="xsd:boolean" form="unqualified">
<xsd:documentation>Set to 'true' to request to start a new session.</xsd:documentation>
<xsd:attribute name="terminate" default="false" type="xsd:boolean" form="unqualified">
<xsd:documentation>Set to 'true' to request to terminate an existing session.</xsd:documentation>
<xsd:attribute name="sessionId" type="xsd:base64Binary" form="unqualified">
<xsd:documentation>The ID of a session.</xsd:documentation>
<xsd:attribute name="timeout" type="xsd:int" form="unqualified">
<xsd:documentation>The timeout in seconds before the session expires.</xsd:documentation>
<xsd:attribute name="transactionDescriptor" type="xsd:base64Binary" form="unqualified">
<xsd:documentation>The descriptor of a transaction to enlist to.</xsd:documentation>
</xsd:schema>

Attached Files

Edited by hamluis, 01 August 2010 - 05:30 PM.
Moved to Am Infected forum from XP ~Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users