Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

W32.Ramnit infection

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 WindFlow

WindFlow

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 PM

Posted 01 August 2010 - 04:11 PM

Hey guys, I know that W32.Ramnit isn't such a high-risk virus (I removed this along with a Bloodhound.PDF and Backdoor.Tideserv that came with it), but a few problems remain. On an infected laptop, I cannot connect to the internet wirelessly or wired. On an infected 6 year old desktop, Taskmanager points out that a ton of resources are being taken up while no applications are running. Also, the floppy disk drive is running when there isn't any floppy discs to be found inside. On both infected computers (laptop and desktop) I discovered that I cannot open USBs that I insert (they turn into folders which I cannot open for some reason).

So, do I still have to search and destroy, or is there some settings I have to tweak?

BTW: The laptop is using an Atheros Ar5007EG network adapter. When I looked at the wireless network connection status (under support) I noticed the Address Type read Invalid IP Address, IP Address read 0.0.0.0, Subnet mask read 0.0.0.0, and default gateway displayed nothing. The same thing happened when I looked at the Local Area Connection Status.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users