Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Www.warningmessage.com

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Miles12401

Miles12401

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 PM

Posted 25 October 2005 - 07:49 PM

Hello! After foolishly clicking on a link that was in an email, it seems as if my internet explorer has been hijacked. Everytime I open up IE, it says that "Spyware has been detected and that if I click HERE, it will take me to the "official anti-spyware" website (what will they think of next). In any event, I have run HijackThis and Panda Active Scan--and though it says things are removed--my problem still exists.

I have been accessing the internet via booting up in Safe Mode w/networking.

Can someone help me?? Thanks so much for your time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 25 October 2005 - 09:33 PM

Hello Miles12401 and welcome to BC.

You don't mention what your operating system is but go to Start>Run and type in msconfig. In the box that opens look under the Startup tab for any checked items you don't recognize and uncheck them. You can also uninstall any program you don't recognize from Add/Remove programs. If you have 2000 or XP, go to www.ewido.net and download that and run it.

Let us know your OS and also how you make out.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users