Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can not connect to internet

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 survce

survce

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 AM

Posted 01 August 2010 - 12:07 PM

I have a Toshiba Satellite. 1605CDS/4.3 Windows 98
When I try to connect to the internet all I hear is the number being dialed out, then after a few moments I get an error message that says
[Modem: Rockell HSF 56K on COM3] The modem has reported that there is no dial tone.

Edited by survce, 01 August 2010 - 12:10 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2010 - 01:16 PM

Hello Survce and welcome to the phone

Is this an internal modem?

Try plugging a phone into the phone line to make certain that you do have a dial tone. If you actually hear the number being dialed I would assume that you do. Check just in case though.

Also make sure that you are plugged straight into the wall with the line. Make sure there are no splitters or adapters on the line. Sometimes modems do not like them.

If possible, try it on another phone jack and phone line as well.
In the beginning there was the command line.

#3 survce

survce
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2010 - 04:36 PM

I will try this. I do have a spliter. Mabe this will work. I hope so. I ill let you know if it does or not.

Thank You.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users