Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Access Internet..Slow performance..Antivirus can't be use

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ezooone

ezooone

• Members
  • 268 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 PM

Posted 01 August 2010 - 09:20 AM

Hello..

I'm here to help my friend's laptop..

I'm not sure it is a virus or not..Well here are the problems..

1. The laptop can't access internet connection (via broadband and wireless). It can't detect any wireless connection..For
the broadband case..It won't pop up anything when we plug the broadband..

2. When starting the laptop..It take a some time to load the desktop..(It will take time at the "welcome" screen..)

3. I can't open the antivirus inside it..he using avast antivirus..then I tried to uninstall the antivirus but I can't..It said there
an error occur during uninstall..

He is using Compaq laptop model Presario CQ40 and windows vista..

I also scanned the laptop with malware byte..however there is no virus..

Hopefully anyone can help us..Thanks.. :thumbsup:

Edited by ezooone, 01 August 2010 - 09:20 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ezooone

ezooone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 268 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2010 - 09:29 PM

Well? can anyone tell me what to do please?

#3 carissa_lee_

carissa_lee_

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 AM

Posted 08 August 2010 - 02:45 AM

Hi,

If I were having a similar problem, I would have tried Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (MBAM) first, as a trusted first-try method for myself, but since you said you've tried it already I would suggest you try SUPERAntiSpyware (SAS) next. It is possible a virus is created so it is hidden from MBAM. Hopefully you have access to another computer and a way to download a setup file and use something like a USB flash drive to move the files to the infected computer.

Using the clean computer, download SAS (link below), but instead of Run, click Save, to save the setup file to your desktop. Using the flash drive, move the setup file to the infected computer. Start up the infected computer in Safe Mode, and try to install SAS that way. SAS seems to run well in Safe Mode, some anti-malware products run better in normal mode than they do in safe mode.

This site has a really good tutorial on SAS, here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...pyware-tutorial

Also, they have a tutorial here on how to start your computer in Safe Mode, in case you're not sure how:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/

That is the next step I would take, so I hope that works for you. If it works I would most definetely suggest posting any logs from scans you are able to run using SAS here, if you need some more in-depth assistance from a BC advisor or mod or something, they could get a better idea of what you're dealing with.

Edited by carissa_lee_, 08 August 2010 - 02:48 AM.

#4 ezooone

ezooone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 268 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:29 AM

I run the superantivirus..

at first it detected 249 viruses..after remove all the virus and restart the laptop..the laptop condition is still the same..

then i scanned for the second time using SAS again..It detected 4 viruses and the problem is still there..

Edited by ezooone, 10 August 2010 - 09:01 AM.

#5 carissa_lee_

carissa_lee_

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 AM

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:22 PM

Well I am not an expert at figuring out difficult viruses and removing them on my own so I will let someone who is work with that, since it sounds like whatever is on your computer is advanced enough to block MBAM from detecting it. Have you tried updating and scanning again with MBAM since you performed the scans with SAS? It's possible SAS removed whatever it was that was blocking MBAM from detecting it, and now MBAM may be able to remove what is left?

If you could post the logs from both of the SAS scans, I'm sure it would help one of the resident BC experts in identifying what's going on and assisting you with removing the rest of it.

Edited by carissa_lee_, 11 August 2010 - 09:23 PM.

#6 ezooone

ezooone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 268 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2010 - 03:32 AM

I can't update MBAM..Like I told you..my friend's laptop can't access internet..

I don't think MBAM can clear the rest because MBAM can't detect any of it.. :thumbsup:

Well..I hope someone will help about this..

#7 ezooone

ezooone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 268 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:08 AM

:thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users