Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bad startups after installing new memory

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Kaymee

Kaymee

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 PM

Posted 31 July 2010 - 11:16 PM

Hi,

I took my Dell Latitude D610 in for repair. Win XP Pro SP4 OS just updated before RAM burned out & it wouldn't boot. Repair tech replaced the fan and the memory chip next to it, then added another GB of memory. Since I've had it home I've experienced IE and Chrome crashing repeatedly. I've rebooted & used F12 to try to get into setup and it continues to boot without letting me in.
First Boot: Received a ckdsk warning and ran scan. Received following error during stage 1, step 1:
Deleted corrupt attribute list entry with type code 128 ini file 3556. Deleting corrupt attribute record (128, " ") from file record segment 208769.
msconfig.exe up automatically. Checked all selections & looked good. Closed it after selecting not to see it again.
IE and Chrome crashing, Silverlight crashing, cannot load websites, windows audio services and driver support not running in services (they are automatic) rebooted again.
Second boot (used Shut Down, then started fresh): No error during startup but still would not let me in using F12 key. Repeated crashes and failure to load websites after repeated tries. Donwloaded hijackthis and installed but failure when attempting to use it led to blue screen error:
Stop: 0x0000008E (0XC000000-05, 0XBF807BD3, 0XA372DC48, 0x00000000)
WIN32K.SYS Address BF807BD3 base at BF900000
Used power button to shut down and start up again. No errors and I am (so far) able to use IE.
Ran HijackThis exe successfully and have a log if anyone has time to look at it. Please!

Thanks,
Kaymee :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users