Below are the steps to recreate the problem:
1. Run IE 8
2. Google is the search provider, but Bing does the same thing.
3. I have removed all search providers for IE except Google.
4. I search on "iphone 4 composite cases"
5. The top sponsored link, in this example, is att.com. I click on that link.
6. I am immediately taken to http://www.att.com/wireless/iphone/?WT.srch=1, which looks like the search is working.
7. I click on the back arrow for IE. It takes me back to the original search results.
8. I click on the 2nd sponsored link, "www.HDAccessory.com". ... googleservices... pops into the address bar and then a website that i do not want comes up: http://www.skinit.com/
9. I click the back arrow and googleleadservices pops into the address bar and I am taken to http://track.tester-rewards.com/... where I am prompted to enter my email address to get a free iPhone 4. I press the back arrow again. A dialog screen pops up asking me if I am sure I want to navigate away from this page? It says, "WAIT! Before you leave, CLICK CANCEL for a your FREE DELL LAPTOP! and some more garbage... then "CLICK CANCEL BELOW"... Cancel keeps me on the page and clicking OK redisplays the popup.
10. I keep clicking the x in the upper right and am taken to another site where I finally can get the browser to exit completely.
11. Using the back arrow only takes me to more redirect locations.
Edited by turnertrends, 31 July 2010 - 06:58 PM.