Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost Power, Screen is now Fuzzy, NOT THE MONITOR

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 streetmike

streetmike

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 31 July 2010 - 04:22 PM

Hello!

Well recently we have lost power a couple of times, and one of the desktops is now acting up. It was plugged into the surge protector. So when the computer is turned off the monitor displays the "no signal" message and is crystal clear. When I turn on the computer and the splash screen boots up, the screen turns very fuzzy and is jumping all over the place. Its at the point you can not read the screen during the post. I will try and open it up a little later on today and pull and trade some equipment from my other computer to see what got fried, or so I thing. What do you guys think I should try first? The GPU?

Specs (built myself)
MOBO: giga x48 ds4
CPU: q6600 stock
RAM: OCZ platinum 8gig
HDD: WD Blue 500gig
GPU: Powercolor 4850
Windows Vista 64

Thank you for your help,
Mike

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 PM

Posted 31 July 2010 - 05:26 PM

Try another video card first

Remove the old display adapter via device manager then shut down the system and unplug it.
Insert the new video card, power up, and load appropriate drivers if necessary
In the beginning there was the command line.

#3 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 AM

Posted 31 July 2010 - 06:23 PM

have you change your screen resolution before that fuzzy show up???

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

#4 streetmike

streetmike
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 31 July 2010 - 07:41 PM

Thanks guys, got home about 20 minutes ago and started looking into the issue. Good news is its the monitor :thumbsup: I thought it was fine b/c it was displaying the standard monitor menus fine. Hooked up the computer to my samsung monitor and works. Hooked up my other desktop to the viewsonic monitor and I get the jumping fuzzy again. So Now I have to find a new monitor and invest in a better surge protector.

Thanks for reponding to my over-reacting. I just wanted to be prepared on where to go next.

Thanks again,
The guy looking for a new monitor (Mike)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users