Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

random audio commercials

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ltdave

ltdave

• Members
  • 268 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 AM

Posted 31 July 2010 - 03:40 PM

so im perusing my favorite motorcycle site with my yahoo mail opened in a separate tab. im running the latest and the 'greatest' version of Firefox. 3.6 or something i think...

all of a sudden i hear a commercial where some guy is asking a girl if she tweeted about being all out of wheat thins! i quick scan all my tabs and theres no rogue browser window open, i open the yahoo tab thinking maybe there was an ad that got clicked and then i minimize the browser and the ad disappears...

WTH? have i got some kind of malware that needs to be addressed? has anyone else had this happen? everyone and a while too, i get this random 'mouse/button click' sound as if im clicking something with the the touch pad. it seems to be related (as in it just started around the time i started getting the random advertisements)...

does anyone know of a bug that came with the latest firefox?

thanks

Edited by hamluis, 31 July 2010 - 04:13 PM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected forum ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 AM

Posted 31 July 2010 - 04:15 PM

Hello mostlikely a bootkit/rootkit infection.

We need a deeper look. Please go here....
Preparation Guide .

Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic explained in step 9,which is here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and not in this topic,thanks.
If Gmer won't run,skip it and move on.
Let me know if that went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 bkribbs

bkribbs

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 AM

Posted 31 July 2010 - 09:57 PM

are you covered? I believe you were helped wit this on computerforum.com or someone else had the same problem

#4 ltdave

ltdave
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 268 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 AM

Posted 31 July 2010 - 10:06 PM

must have been someone else...

my first time with this issue...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users