Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I cannot print on my PC

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 leznah

leznah

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 PM

Posted 31 July 2010 - 01:12 PM

Hello to everyone! I've been having some trouble regarding my Old Epson Stylus C59 printer. Whenever I try to print using microsoft word or any other programs it takes too long to print, like 5 minutes or so. Sometimes it says that the printer is not responding or there is no default printer installed. I'm sure that my printer is installed with correct drivers.

my specs:
Intel P4 531 3.0Ghz/ MSI PM8M3-V H/ 512MB DDR400/ XP PRO SP2

Here's the thing I tried installing this printer (epson c59) on my friends PC and it worked well with his. To test more, I borrowed a different printer (epson c90) and tested it on my machine I was shock to realized that the same thing is happening, long printing time, sometimes undetected and not responding. At this point I'm beginning to think that my windows is causing some problems but I cannot further more test it because everything seems to be normal except for the printer ofcourse. I've got Avira Personal antivirus installed and no virus was detected (but I doubt it)

I also observed that when it started to print I see the status "spooling or spool" in the printer window alongside the document printing. It just pauses there for about 5 minutes or less then it prints after.

I also tried this, checking the cable (fine) used sfc /scannow done! repair install windows ( successful but no help) I also used different USB ports on the machine (same scenario). Bought a new power supply because I see some abnormalities with the voltage reading but now the reading is ok. Reinstalled the driver many times, I also used uninstaller programs to wipe the driver out of my PC. Reinstalled Office 2003. All this but to no prevail. I really need your help guys! T_T Hope someone can assisst me. Tnx and more power!

Ooops! I forgot to mention I cannot reinstall Windows because I have a delicate program that must not be remove. I have no setup files or installer for this. The program was custom made just for us. And I cannot contact the programmer who developed it because he's already dead (sad to say it). tnx again.

Edited by leznah, 31 July 2010 - 01:14 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 leznah

leznah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2010 - 11:56 AM

Hmm... I guess nobody here is interested in this kind of situations. Maybe this problem is too common for people here to reply on. I think I explained my problem to the best it can be. We'll I hope someone would stumble upon this post.Tnx!

#3 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 02 August 2010 - 01:08 PM

sorry...
its hard to solve your problem without knowing/see/have your printer...
but try find an option on your printer that called "Print Directly to the printer"...and choise that option and see what happen...

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 02 August 2010 - 02:38 PM

Generally...printer problems are either the driver, the machine, or a spooling problem (IME).

Start/Run...type services.msc and hit Enter.

Browse down to Print Spooler. Double-click the line entry. Turn the service off...then turn it back on.

Delete all previous printers reflected in Control Panel.

Uninstall all previous printer software installed via Add/Remove Programs.

Start/Run...type chkdsk /r and hit Enter. Type Y in new screen and hit Enter. Reboot the system, the command will run...system will then boot into Windows.

Now...install your printer, according to the directions provided by the manufacturer.

Louis

#5 leznah

leznah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2010 - 05:05 AM

Tnx for the replies! It seems that the problem is the spool. I've downloaded a program "Printer Spooler Fix Wizard" Sad to say its not a freeware T_T. I continued the setup and run it, It detected some errors about the spool but can't fix it coz I need to purchase the full program. Is there any other way I can fix it? Don't have any budget for buying such software as of now. This is the only thing I haven't done "chkdsk /r" I'll run it as soon as I get back to the computer.

By the way the computer is isolated its not connected on a network neither the internet. We are taking this as a precaution, we can't afford to loose any information on the pc coz it contains records of over a thousand individual. This determines if they have criminal records and is used to issue clearances during job applications, passports and of such cases. Thats why we cannot reformat the drive. Even if we backup the files the program itself is the problem, no installer no cd and the programmer is gone (dead).

Got one question...If I use another hard drive, install windows on it and set it as the master or the first boot would it run the program on the original hard drive which contains the program? Maybe its a stupid idea @_@. tnx again

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,313 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:31 AM

Might be worth it to give the Windows Fixit tool a try.

Fix printing problems by resetting the print spooler

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2000007
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#7 leznah

leznah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2010 - 01:20 AM

After days of searching for the solution to my problem, I've finally resolve my issue. The link given by buddy does not work, I mean the program itself.

This is what I did. I uninstalled my printer and rebooted the machine, then I stopped the spooler service manually, I deleted all the files in this folder (:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86) and created new folder named 2 and 3. Then I copied a filename spoolsv.exe from this folder (C:\WINDOWS\repair) and paste over (C:\WINDOWS\system32), rebooted the machine and then installed the printer again and BOOM! It worked pretty well this time. We'll tnx again for the people who helped me. more power to you guys!!! ^_^V cheers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users