Hello jvfurrChange your DNS Servers:
- Go to > Run... and in the open box, type: cmd
- Press OK or Hit Enter.
- At the command prompt, type or copy/paste: ipconfig /flushdns
- Hit Enter.
- You will get a confirmation that the flush was successful.
- Close the command box.
If the above commands did not resolve the problem, the next thing to try is to reset your network settings and Configure TCP/IP to use DNS
- Go to > Control Panel, and choose Network Connections.
- Right-click on your default connection, usually Local Area Connection or Dial-up Connection if you are using Dial-up, and and choose Properties.
- Double-click on Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) or highlight it and select Properties.
- Under the General tab, write down any settings in case you should need to change them back.
- Select the button that says "Obtain an IP address automatically" or make sure the DNS server IP address is the same as provided by your ISP.
- Select the button that says "Obtain DNS servers automatically".
- If unknown Preferred or Alternate DNS servers are listed, uncheck the box that says "Use the following DNS server address".
- Click OK twice to get out of the properties screen and restart your computer. If not prompted to reboot go ahead and reboot manually.
users can refer to How to Change TCP/IP settingsCAUTION
: It's possible that your ISP (Internet Service Provider) requires specific DNS settings here. Make sure you know if you need these settings or not BEFORE you make any changes or you may lose your Internet connection. If you're sure you do not need a specific DNS address,
then you may proceed.Next run ATF and SAS:
If you cannot access Safe Mode,run in normal ,but let me know.Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".
From your regular user account..
Download Attribune's ATF Cleaner
and then SUPERAntiSpyware
, Free Home Version. Save both to desktop ..
DO NOT run yet.
Open SUPER from icon and install and Update
Under Scanner Options
make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.
Scan for tracking cookies.
Terminate memory threats before quarantining
Click the "Close
" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program. DO NOT run yet.
Now reboot into Safe Mode: How to enter safe mode(XP)
Using the F8 MethodRestart your computer.
When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys.
Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode
to run the program.
Under Main "Select Files to Delete
" choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected
button.If you use Firefox or Opera browser click that browser at the top and choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program
NOW Scan with SUPER
Open from the desktop icon or the program Files list
On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive
Perform a Complete
scan. After scan,Verify they are all
on the summary screen to quarantine all
If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes"
and reboot normally.
To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
, then click the Statistics/Logs
Under Scanner Logs
, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
If there are several logs, click the current
dated log and press View
A text file will open in your default text editor.Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply
to exit the program.
Please ask any needed questions,post logs and Let us know how the PC is running now.