Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Does Complete PC Restore delete other files from backup drive?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 infinitr

infinitr

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 31 July 2010 - 11:57 AM

Hello,

I am looking to restore a complete backup in Vista. Vista is installed on a 500gb internal c: drive and the backup is installed on a physically seperate 500gb internal d: drive.

I have other files on the backup drive (outside of the backup images) that I want to be sure to keep. When trying to perform the backup, the dialog boxes are unclear as to whether or not any files will be erased from the backup drive. It just says that all files will be erased.

Will the full restore put everything on both drives as it was, or will it only affect the c: drive?

Edited by infinitr, 31 July 2010 - 11:58 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Roderunner

Roderunner

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 PM

Posted 31 July 2010 - 07:31 PM

Hi infinitr, what did you use to make the backup?

George's PC Specs. / Laptop.  Desktop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users