Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hjt Log For Another Computer That Cannot Access The Internet

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rmk

rmk

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 AM

Posted 25 October 2005 - 02:27 PM

Hi,
I am a new person to this forum. My office desktop computer has been infected by a trojan, and I cannot get on the internet from that machine, so I printed out the hjt log, which I scanned onto this computer,but it is on a gif file. Can I post a gif file here? If not, please instruct how to convert a gif file to a txt file. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bilko

bilko

• Members
  • 276 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 26 October 2005 - 02:34 PM

Hello rmk,

Your post has been moved.

The easiest way will be for you to save the text file onto a floppy disc. Or you can try using Microsoft word to edit it. Not sure how sucessfull it will be that way though.

If you decide to transfer the text file via floppy, you will first need to make sure the anti virus is uptodate on the machine you are using.

Carry out these steps

1 Save hijackthis log file to floppy from infected machine.
2 Transfer floppy to non infected machine
3 Use anti virus scanner to check floppy before opening it, to make sure no file is infected.
4 Start new post in the Correct forum.
5 Paste hijackthis log.

Please include a description of problems your are having, allong with any alerts your anti virus software may be giving you. The more information you can give the easier it might be.

Edited by bilko, 26 October 2005 - 02:37 PM.

Posted Image

#3 rmk

rmk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 AM

Posted 26 October 2005 - 03:39 PM

Hello bilko,

Thank you very much for the suggestions. I wil do my best and be back with a log.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users