Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

advice needed

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 guru112

guru112

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 PM

Posted 31 July 2010 - 10:01 AM

'm having a100 gb drive the size occupied as shown in my computer(w7)is 60 gb free of 100gb.
but when i select all the folders in that drive and hit the properties the size shown is only 18 gb.what is this?is this due to virus activity?help please.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Retirednow

Retirednow

• Members
  • 121 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 01 August 2010 - 01:10 AM

Most likely not a virus, there are a lot of System files that are hidden. Do you currently have a up-to-date antivirus software program installed and running? Do you have a antispyware program installed and running? What programs do you have installed on this pc?

#3 t3chie

t3chie

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 01 August 2010 - 04:25 AM

Most likely not a virus, there are a lot of System files that are hidden. Do you currently have a up-to-date antivirus software program installed and running? Do you have a antispyware program installed and running? What programs do you have installed on this pc?

Correct, by default, a good portion of your system files are hidden from sight (Not selectable). More specifically, I'd take a look at AppData (C:\Users\<Your Name>\AppData)

AppData alone accounts for 33GB of used space on my drive.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” - Mahatma Gandhi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users