Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't get off Home Page

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 golfman8

golfman8

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 AM

Posted 31 July 2010 - 09:52 AM

For some strange and unknown reason to me, I cannot use the internet using IE or Firefox. Also, I cannot type on Notepad or MS Word. Everything opens fine and after about 20 seconds my address bar will go crazy. My computer starts typing [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ then it will backspace and start all over again. It keeps doing this until I close it down. The same thing will happen on MS Word or Notepad. I have ordered parts to build my first computer next week. (got everything yesterday except the case, it will be delivered Monday). But would like to fix the other one if it is fixable. HP Support had me do a complete restore so I lost everything I had that was not backed up on my external drive and that worked for about 5 minutes. I am tired of listening about how good the support team is while on hold for 2 hours and want to do it myself. Can anyone help me fix the HP? It is only 3 years old.
Thanks in advance for your help !!!!!! :thumbsup: :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,887 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2010 - 11:32 AM

<<Can anyone help me fix the HP?>>

System model?

If you just did a restore/recovery to inital status...then it would seem that you have hardware problems. The origin/nature of such may be difficult to pin down.

Louis

#3 golfman8

golfman8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:36 AM

Well, after doing a complete restore and having that not work, I deceided to build my first computer. I ordered all of the parts for the $647.00 Maximum PC feature computer. Built it in about 2.5 hours and felt really good. Then spent the next 4 hours trying to figure out why I had no picture on my monitor. Finally figured out that the monitor was supposed to be connected to the graphics card. (duh)! Then computer booted up and looked GREAT!!! Loaded up Windows 7 and updated drivers and Life was good. Connected the wireless mouse and all of a sudden the brand new computer was doing the same thing as my HP. Right then I figured out that my problem the whole time was the wireless mouse had gone bad. Changed the mouse and now LIFE IS GOOD!!! Sure wish I had not lost 6 months of email and documents, but, life is not always fair.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users