Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Run Windows installation following Virus!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 LolBb

LolBb

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 31 July 2010 - 07:31 AM

Hi,

I had a virus on my laptop, its a HP laptop so I decided to attempt to reformat the hard disc by reinstalling windows vista. However, on booting the laptop from the CD the "Loading Windows Files" bar came up and part way through the laptop just switches off.

So instead I tried to use a Windows XP disc to run the install with, it too got part way through loading windows files and switched off. But this time before it did I got a 0x0000007B Stop error on the blue screen.

Following this I tried to run the HP disc sanitizer tool from the system BIOS, hoping this would clear whatever was stopping me running the windows installations, however this got 0.1% of the way through and the laptop switched off again. Now when i switch the laptop on it says "disc not present, or invalid"

The virus that I had was the Defense Centre virus. Also once it has switched itself off it wont turn back on again for approx 1 minute.

Any help or advice anyone has would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users