Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Touchscreen laptop

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jt23

jt23

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 31 July 2010 - 02:30 AM

Have a quick question My friend was thinking about buying the laptop in the link below. The kmart website shows this laptop as having a touchscreen however, all other sites including the HP site don't mention it being a touchscreen. Anyone know if it is or not?

The laptop is the HP Pavilion dv7-4070us

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping...ng=en&cc=us

Thanks

Edited by jt23, 31 July 2010 - 02:33 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 31 July 2010 - 06:21 AM

Since the HP website said nothing about a touch screen, I would be inclined to think it does not have one. To me that seems like something they would brag about, if it had a touch screen. I'm not saying they don't exist, because I'm no genius, but I've never seen a touch screen on a laptop.. :blink:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#3 Nawtheasta

Nawtheasta

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 02 August 2010 - 03:52 PM

I just posted a separate topic on a computer I just ordered. Itís a Panasonic Toughbook with a touch screen. Saw some video on youtube which showed people using the touch screen feature. We will see if it works.
Best Regards
Nawtheasta

#4 speediskoolsmom

speediskoolsmom

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 PM

Posted 15 August 2010 - 02:58 AM

Hello,
The touchscreen is an option ($150,00) on the dv6z select edtion. Dell also offers touch on one of it's pc's as an option (either the Inspiron or Studio line - don't remember).
I'm looking at an Acer that also offers 'finger' touch - not pen.
Hope that helps - good luck!
Kat

Here's a link:

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping...e/dv6zse_series

Select 'cusomize', 'multitouch screen' is a choice after 'display' and before 'primary cd drive'.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users