Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Java infection

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 audioAl

audioAl

• Members
  • 426 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 31 July 2010 - 01:31 AM

A virus in my Kaspersky 2010 protected main computer! I deleated many 02/10 updates for Java, computer shuts down real slow? What to do? Alan
Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit/Intel e5300 cpu/ASRock G41M-LE mainboard/G max4500 onboard graphics/4gigs OCZ 800Mhz ram/ VIA onboard HD Vinyl audio/Yamaha RX-V465 HT receiver/ Cambridge SoundWorks and Infinity RS1001 speakers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 audioAl

audioAl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 426 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2010 - 02:37 AM

A virus in my Kaspersky 2010 protected main computer! I deleated many 02/10 updates for Java, computer shuts down real slow? What to do? Alan

I am not able to produce a log of this issue at the present time,sorry.
Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit/Intel e5300 cpu/ASRock G41M-LE mainboard/G max4500 onboard graphics/4gigs OCZ 800Mhz ram/ VIA onboard HD Vinyl audio/Yamaha RX-V465 HT receiver/ Cambridge SoundWorks and Infinity RS1001 speakers

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,421 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 AM

Posted 31 July 2010 - 04:13 PM

Hello is this an XP machine? Have you installed the proper Java?

Your version of Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malicious sites can use to exploit and infect your system. Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update:
  • Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) Version 6 and save it to your desktop.
  • Look for "JDK 6 Update 21 (JDK or JRE)".
  • Click the "Download JRE" button to the right.
  • Select your Platform: "Windows".
  • Select your Language: "Multi-language".
  • Read the License Agreement, and then check the box that says: "I agree to the Java SE...License Agreement".
  • Click Continue and the page will refresh.
  • Under Required Files, check the box for Windows Offline Installation, click the link below it and save the file to your desktop.
  • Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel, double-click on Add/Remove Programs and remove all older versions of Java.
  • Check (highlight) any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
  • Click the Remove or Change/Remove button and follow the onscreen instructions for the Java uninstaller.
  • Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
  • Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
  • Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6u21-windows-i586-s.exe to install the newest version.
  • If using Windows Vista and the installer refuses to launch due to insufficient user permissions, then Run As Administrator.
  • When the Java Setup - Welcome window opens, click the Install > button.
  • If offered to install a Toolbar, just uncheck the box before continuing unless you want it.
-- Starting with Java 6u10, the uninstaller incorporated in each new release uses Enhanced Auto update to automatically remove the previous version when updating to a later update release. It will not remove older versions, so they will need to be removed manually.
-- Java is updated frequently. If you want to be automatically notified of future updates, just turn on the Java Automatic Update feature and you will not have to remember to update when Java releases a new version.

Note: The Java Quick Starter (JQS.exe) adds a service to improve the initial startup time of Java applets and applications. To disable the JQS service if you don't want to use it, go to Start > Control Panel > Java > Advanced > Miscellaneous and uncheck the box for Java Quick Starter. Click Ok and reboot your computer.

Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (v1.46) and save it to your desktop.
Before you save it rename it to say zztoy.exe

alternate download link 1
alternate download link 2
MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
  • Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
  • Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
  • If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
  • If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
On the Scanner tab:
  • Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
  • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
  • Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
  • Exit MBAM when done.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 audioAl

audioAl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 426 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:50 AM

[quote name='boopme' post='1866397' date='Jul 31 2010, 04:13 PM']Your good Boopme, I ran Malwarebytes, I didn't save to notepad, Darn! Anyway, the virus is gone, but, my audio is gone too! I deleated all Java, then re uped, now I can surf and such but shutdown is still slow. I usually buy a new hard drive and just start over again when this happens, I'm getting tired of that now, may buy a MAC!!!!!!!
Hello is this an XP machine? Have you installed the proper Java?

Edited by boopme, 05 August 2010 - 01:52 PM.

#5 audioAl

audioAl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 426 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:51 AM

If you read my signature I own Vista Ultimate 32 bit! I may install 64 bit next time!

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,421 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 AM

Posted 05 August 2010 - 01:56 PM

Hi, I think you need to run this now and clear these issues... How to automatically repair Windows Vista using Startup Repair
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 audioAl

audioAl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 426 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2010 - 01:40 AM

Thanks Boopme, I may load the 64 bit version I have ready.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users