Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Continuous BSoD then Restart on Newly Built PC

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 aphires

aphires

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 30 July 2010 - 10:31 PM

Hi Everyone,

I just tried my hand at building my first PC, and it boots up fine and can enter BIOS fine, but when it hits the Windows Loading screen, it BSoD's on me and restarts and repeats continuously. I'm not really sure what's wrong and i honestly don't know anything about setting up BIOS. All I know is my hard drive worked/works fine on my old setup. Any help would be appreciated! It's also my first time installing a video card, basically just the physical install part, is there something I didn't do there that's causing this problem?

My setup is this:

Antec 900 Chassis
Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W
Intel i5-750
Asus p7p55de-pro
GIGABYTE GV-N460OC-1GI GeForce GTX 460
Corsair XMS3 4GB PC10666 DDR3 Dual Channel 1333MHz
Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKS 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB

Thanks in advance!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,285 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 PM

Posted 31 July 2010 - 10:04 AM

Did you do a clean install of Windows?

Sounds to me as if you are trying to use a hard drive from one motherboard/system...in a new system...without doing a clean install.

If so, you might read Moving XP to new MB or Computer - http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/moving_xp.html.

Louis

#3 aphires

aphires
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:10 AM

yup, that was it. Had no idea you couldn't simply bring a hard drive/OS over to another motherboard. I did a custom install of win7 and it runs fine now. Thanks for the help!

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,285 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 PM

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:46 AM

Easily done, happy computing :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users