Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hp dx2200 with ATI Radeon HD 5750 Problem

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 moaoe

moaoe

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 30 July 2010 - 08:02 PM

Ok I bought this new Graphics card for my custom build computer. I use a HP DX2200 Motherboard with a pentium D 3.0 GHZ dual Processor. The power supply is a OCZ 600W. So it isn't like it doesn't have power.

Problem is that i have bought a new Graphics card. It is a SAPPHIRE 100284L Radeon HD 5750 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card People have told me that my machine should run it. It doe fit into my PCI-E x16. But when i plug in the display cable after hooking it up to my power supply and turn on the computer i do not get any signal. I have been looking everywhere that i can for an answer on how to solve this problem. I have even upgraded my Bios. I have tried to see if it was conflicting with my integrated lan card like on some cases i have found on various forums. But no luck. I feel like i am on the verge of finding out what i was missing, but i don't know where to look.

So please if you have any ideas i am willing to try about anything at this point.

Thanks

Specs uploaded from CPUID

Attached Files

Edited by moaoe, 30 July 2010 - 08:03 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 AM

Posted 30 July 2010 - 08:24 PM

Card properly seated, PCI-E connector hooked up to card? No beep codes?

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#3 moaoe

moaoe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2010 - 08:29 PM

Yes it is Firmly pressed into the slot. I haven't heard any beeps, just doesn't display anything. so I tried this, maybe this will mean something. I Plugged in one monitor to the integrated VGA and then one into the new card. Turned it on. I would think it should display at least on one monitor. but it does not on either? tried unplugging from the card and still nothing till i remove the card itself and restart.

#4 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 AM

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:51 PM

Did you plug in the power to the connector on the card?

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#5 moaoe

moaoe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:56 PM

Yes I did that as well, Do you think that possibly plugging in a 4 prong adapter to PCI-Express cable connector would do anything different? I have it right now directly plugged into my power supply

#6 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 31 July 2010 - 10:45 AM

that 4 PIN have designed for not having wrong installation...
buts sometimes someone have wrong installation on it...

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

#7 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 AM

Posted 31 July 2010 - 01:36 PM

Do you have it plugged in directly to the PSU using the 6 pin PCI express power cable or are you using an adaptor?

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#8 moaoe

moaoe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2010 - 01:49 PM

I have it currently plugged into a 6pin. I have also tried out plugging it into the adapter? still nothing? is there something i am missing in the bios?

{edit} It seems when i turn on the computer and there is no power the fans turn on high. When the power is plugged into the card the fans are on low. Now I have an external CD-Rom and I have my install disk for windows xp in it so it will run the cd and try to boot off of it when i press any key. When my card is plugged into the board i sit there and wait for the CD-Rom to start spinning the disk so I would at least know that the system is booting up. But it does not.

So I know that it is keeping the computer from running, but why?

{edit 2} I looked really close at my mother board to see if there was a speaker. I did not find one, so I had a few and plugged one in. plugged in the card and turned it on. No beeps.... Grrr

Edited by moaoe, 31 July 2010 - 03:13 PM.

#9 moaoe

moaoe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2010 - 02:09 PM

Um.... Bump

#10 moaoe

moaoe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2010 - 03:58 PM

Ok I believe i know what was happening with my card. (Anyone please verify if this could be a reason) I was going through my Bios, and I noticed the amount of ram that it could use for the PCI-e slot. It gave me a list from 256MB and lower. Well this card is a 1GB ddr5 card. So i would assume since the bios is only looking for a card at 256 mb and nothing higher that it wouldn't work? Anyways i just bought a new mobo and processor so i am not really worried.

Thanks for the help again

#11 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 21 August 2010 - 08:31 PM

I know what setting you're talking about, its the graphics aperture size it can go from 4mb up to 1024mb.

Sometimes the motherboard's BIOS will block out sizes that the video card can not handle.

Then again, your motherboard may have an over-voltage jumper that prevents settings to be set higher than normal. Whether your motherboard has this jumper or not I can not tell you.

But either way you should be able to set that setting to 1024mb. If the option is not available, then obviously your motherboard can not handle this card.

Perhaps a BIOS update may....... and I mean may enable this ability.

Bruce.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users