Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The new "kid" in town

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ElderAmGeek

ElderAmGeek

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 30 July 2010 - 06:42 PM

Hi! Everbody, I have used this site from time to time to fix problems with PCs and thought it was time I sign up and make it official. The other incentive was that I used ComboFix and Malwarebytes' to fix virus/malware infested PC that I've been fighting with for two days. I have been working with computers for a number of years both hardeware and software. Since in retirement mode I've worked on many Desktop PCs preferring the hareware side but also using my troubleshooting skills to tackle problems. One thing about PCs is one learns something new on every problem I go after to solve which keeps it interesting. ElderAmGeek

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 30 July 2010 - 06:54 PM

Hello ElderAmGeek and :thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer.

Please take a few moments to browse the New User Orientation forum, to help familiarize yourself with how the forum works.

Also, don't forget to check out the Tutorials.
There is a lot of very useful information there.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#3 liamari

liamari

• Members
  • 119 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 30 July 2010 - 06:58 PM

Peace ElderGeek...

Nice to meet you. I am new here too... just a few days. I also am infested with bugs. Everyone here has been wonderful.

I love a challenge as well. It nearly piques my adrenalin output to have someone tell me I can't do something, or 'it can't be done'. Lead, follow or run outta 'tha way!

My love of a challenge ripples through all areas of my life, not just learning how to control my hyper-warp-drive-IMB-a-sauras-rex... but all challenges... like my daughter's love of the piano, and my wanderlust...

I'll try not to stick my tongue out at you as I accomplish my goal, usually with a LOT of help from my friends. They are usually the people right there with me nodding their heads as I say, 'yeah, we can get Richard over here with his extenda-boom log loader, and stuff that piano into the second story window.' Or like when I said, "Yeah, we can just get Larry over here with his staging, then all we need is some strapping and a come-along and we can lower that piano out the window and safely lower it to the ground... that can happen.' Or like when I said, 'okay girls, we don't have a guy around, I think the four of us can muscle this baby up the steps. Who's in?"

Love and Light,
Lia
~A candle loses none of it's light by lighting another candle.~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users