Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Merge original Partitions?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tactical_Tacos

Tactical_Tacos

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 PM

Posted 30 July 2010 - 04:23 PM

I have a new Dell Inspiron 15r 64bit with 250gb. All my files go to my C drive (which is now completely full) and i have a completely empty D drive with 250gb that i really was hoping to use. when i move files over, my computer "cant locate them." If i could just have one big C drive that i could put everything on, that'd be AWESOME. i dont plan on running another OS on this laptop and i am the only user. Can anyone help? Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 t3chie

t3chie

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 PM

Posted 01 August 2010 - 04:49 AM

Although it is possible to achieve this, I usually highly discourage it because of the risk involved with such a setup. It is called a spanning volume. It allows the hard drives to work in unison to achieve an accumulated total of hard drive space.

The reason I discourage it is because with this setup, if one drive fails, you lose everything. Typically with a low recovery rate. Needless to say, it is risky.

Your best bet is to resolve the issue of why your computer cannot locate the files you're trying to move.

Edited by t3chie, 01 August 2010 - 04:51 AM.

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” - Mahatma Gandhi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users