Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Beep Codes

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 DreadTech

DreadTech

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 30 July 2010 - 02:19 PM

Hello Out There i'm have an issue with a Sony Vaio Desktop. My original issue was i was trying to install Win 7 and it was Bluescreening during the middle of the installation. I swapped out the harddrive and now the machine gives me a video card beep code error. I tried reseating it same issue.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2010 - 02:34 PM

First off, did you make sure you entered your BIOS setup utility and auto detected the hard drive?

You said your BIOS beep code is reflecting a video card issue, are you able to see anything on the video screen?

Sometimes beep codes can be misread, the error could be a RAM module error, perhaps a module may have became loose.

I am sure it has to do with the fact that you recently disturbed something while you were adding the hard drive.

Also, anytime you are doing any work inside the computer case, you have to exercise caution.

Always ground yourself first to the computer case, before you touch any components inside the computer case. Static electricity from your body can destroy sensitive components found inside the computer case.

Bruce.

Edited by MrBruce1959, 30 July 2010 - 02:34 PM.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 DreadTech

DreadTech
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2010 - 06:28 PM

Doesn't Even Boot Into the Bios.

#4 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2010 - 02:22 PM

Thanks for your reply, can you please post your make and model number of your computer?

Can you also try booting the computer without the hard drive in question installed to see if it displays a POST screen?

What is the make and model number of the hard drive?

Last, what is the make and model number of the video card?

Thanks in advance.

Bruce.

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#5 DreadTech

DreadTech
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2010 - 02:39 PM

Its a Sony Vaio Model PCV-A11L i have put it a few hard drives and it does the same. The Video Card is an Asus model # EAX300LE. Booted with no hard drive same thing.

#6 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2010 - 03:00 PM

I tried your model number at the Sony web site, it did not come back as a specific model number, but referred me to a group of numbers starting with VGCRA then 3 numbers and the letter G, do you see a model number similar to this on your computer?

Such as VGCRA820G? I want to make sure I have the correct model.

Thanks in advance.

Bruce.

Edited by MrBruce1959, 31 July 2010 - 03:04 PM.

#7 DreadTech

DreadTech
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2010 - 04:37 PM

Thanks for all the responses Bruce i got it up. I had an old Video Card lying around switched it up and it works fine now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users