Jump to content
Posted 25 October 2005 - 09:44 AM
Posted 25 October 2005 - 12:36 PM
Posted 25 October 2005 - 07:56 PM
Posted 26 October 2005 - 04:14 AM
Did this, didn't help.
* unplug cable modem (if you have one)
* unplug router
* disconnect all cables from router
* (after about 5 minutes plug back in the cable modem if you have one)
* take a pencil (or pen), and hold in on the reset button for 3 minutes
* while holding in on the reset button plug the router back in
* restart each computer
* access http://192.168.1.1/ in your default browser (should be the default router page)
* enter username: admin password: admin
Edited by Mr Alpha, 26 October 2005 - 05:43 AM.
Posted 26 October 2005 - 11:59 AM
Posted 27 October 2005 - 05:34 AM
Are you using a switch with the router or just the ports on the router? Had lighting strike my router and damage the #1 port. The other 3 worked. I used a crossover cable on the #2 port to connect to my switch.
Posted 30 October 2005 - 10:07 AM
Posted 30 October 2005 - 11:30 AM
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users