Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Office Xp Installation Question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 milzee

milzee

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 25 October 2005 - 06:30 AM

Is There A Way To Automaticly Fill In The "User Information" When Someone Goes To Install Office XP Professional?

So When A User Starts A Network Installation Of Office, And They Lauch The Setup.exe File, The Wizard Skips The User Information & The Product Key And Goes Straight To The Installation Section.

Milzee

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 AM

Posted 27 October 2005 - 12:08 PM

I have never done it myself. However, I do have a link that walks you through the steps to do what I think you are asking...

http://unattended.msfn.org/intermediate/ap...xp_advanced.htm

This site helped me SlipStream XP SP2 into my installation CD, so hopefully you will have the same luck with XP office.

Let us know if the link is helpful,

Good-Luck.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Joshuacat, 27 October 2005 - 12:09 PM.

JC

#3 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 PM

Posted 18 November 2005 - 04:51 PM

as far as i know you need to copy the contents of CD to hardrive, edit a file then burn it to disc not sure if that's illegal or not as long as your the owner of the original it might be OK but Microsoft don't like people copying there products for understandable reasons.

#4 dannyboy 950

dannyboy 950

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2005 - 07:59 PM

Yea microsoft frowns on that. It is one copy per machine. You can get additional licsenses for the origional. The key then needs to be added into the batch file of the unattended install.

#5 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2005 - 06:48 AM

additional licenses aren't cheap either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users