Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I believe I need LSP fix

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LauraG1

LauraG1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 AM

Posted 28 July 2010 - 09:25 PM

Hello and thank you in advance for any help

I have alarming entries in my HJT log that indicates some issue with LSP. I have no idea what that is but HJT will not remove it.
I am running HJT 2.0.2
My system is running Vista Home (64 bit) service pack 1

It appears my son downloaded Bearshare and Hotbar. I uninstalled the programs through the control panel. Attached below is the log file for HJT

Edited by quietman7, 29 July 2010 - 07:44 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,399 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 AM

Posted 29 July 2010 - 07:47 AM

Welcome to BC LauraG1

I edited your topic to remove your HijackThis log as they are not permitted in topics outside the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum.

Further, HijackThis only scans certain areas of your system/registry to help diagnose the presence of undetected malware in known hiding places. Therefore, its log may not always show all the malware on your system. As such, HijackThis has been replaced by newer tools like DDS, RSIT and OTL which provide comprehensive logs with specific details about more areas of your computer.

The Malware Response Team members are all volunteers who contribute to helping members as time permits but currently there is a backup and you may have to wait for assistance. Referrals are made to that forum if we cannot resolve the issue here or the infection keeps returning and we need to use more powerful tools.

The wpclsp.dll LSP file you are concerned about is related to Windows Vista - Windows Parental Control Related. See here.

I noted that your log indicated you are using a 64-bit system.

Microsoft created a new folder (C:\Windows\SysWOW64) that contains all the 32-bit .dll files required for compatibility which run on top of the 64-bit version of Windows. WOW64 is the x86 emulator that allows 32-bit Windows-based applications to run on 64-bit Windows but x86 applications are re-directed to the x86 \syswow64 when seeking the x64 \system32. For a more detailed explanation, please refer to Making the Move to x64: File System Redirection and WOW64 Implementation Details. Be aware that many of the tools we use for malware removal are designed for 32-bit systems and do not work or can give misleading results on 64-bit machines. For instance, running HijackThis on a 64-bit machine may show log entries which indicate indicate (file missing) when that is NOT always the case. Anti-malware scanners and many specialized fix tools have problems enumerating the drivers and services on 64-bit machines so they do not always work properly.

What specific issues are you having that require assistance with malware removal?
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users